We have many great friends in the label business. Admittedly, label printers can be the most demanding customers…like doctors treating other doctors. Conversely, they are the most rewarding because we always learn quite a bit from the experience.
There are three kinds of label printers that do business with JH Bertrand.
A. The first is happy to outsource and has no thoughts of ever getting into the business.
B. The second is interested in outsourcing until they get the equipment to make booklet labels.
C. The third has the equipment, but wants to get out of the business. Not surprisingly, this is a growing segment.
A. LABEL PRINTERS THAT DON’T WANT TO MAKE BOOKLET LABELS
For those who aren’t interested in making their own booklet labels or are getting out of the business, we offer all the capabilities we would for any other customer with some additional advantages:
- You can send us your flexo printed onserts (booklets). Label printers are printed and folding the onserts. They are even die cutting tabs!
- You can send us your printed base web materials for conversion as we can reregister them.
- You can have us do everything turn key (95% of our orders go this way).
- You can send us cores, cartons, ID labels and other things that will make your product appear to come from your plant.
We will work with you in just about any way you wish. There is no solution that fits everybody so we want to give you the ultimate in flexibility.
DESIGN AND PACKAGING RESOURCES
- How to prepare the printing for conversion
- Example templates: Before being filled and after being filled.
- How to package the onserts for shipment to JH Bertrand
- FAQ for all distributors
- Ask these questions to develop a booklet label quote
B. LABEL PRINTERS WHO ARE PLANNING ON MAKING BOOKLET LABELS
Of course, we are going to do everything we can to make your experience so good that you will rethink your interest in getting into the business. However, if you do decide to buy booklet label equipment, there are many reasons why you will still need us AFTER you buy the equipment.
- The onsert is too small for your onserter. JH Bertrand has a variety of proprietary techniques to get onserts smaller than 1″ to work on the booklet label equipment.
- You need to offer your client a construction for a round container. We are experts at making these types of constructions.
- You don’t have the production capacity.
- You don’t want to make it.
- You need to purchase pharma labels that can’t be made without special procedures and QA systems.
- You want to do an inline fold (plowfold), but don’t have that type of equipment.
- The onserts were printed wrong and the proper copy holdins weren’t used. We have offline equipment that can handle tighter tolerances.
- You need to run a very thick booklet (ie 32 pages and up).
- You have a base label that is more colors than your press can do.
- You like making booklet labels in the sweet spot and don’t want to push your equipment.
- You don’t want to bog down your new million dollar press with a project that runs at 50-80 feet a minute.
- You can’t make a production deadline.
WE AREN’T THREATENED BY YOUR DECISION TO BUY BOOKLET LABEL EQUIPMENT. WE UNDERSTAND THAT SOME BUSINESS MAY END, BUT BELIEVE AND HAVE FREQUENTLY SEEN WHERE OTHER OPPORTUNITIES COME UP.
C. YOU HAVE THE EQUIPMENT BUT WANT TO GET OUT OF THE BUSINESS.
1. You’re in good company. Please call us. We’re happy to help.