Sites to See
ON YOUR WAY TO VISIT US OR AFTER YOU VISIT US, TAKE SOME TIME TO EXPERIENCE THESE MUST SEE DESTINATIONS.
Visit both the US and Canadian Falls to see an awesome sight. Lots of restaurants and fun things for the whole family. It’s 24 miles from JH Bertrand.
FINGER LAKES WINE COUNTRY
The Finger Lakes have over 100 wineries that serve some of the best white wines (Reislings in particular) in the world. Seneca Lake is 98 miles from JH Bertrand, right off the New York State Thruway.
NIAGARA ON THE LAKE
Niagara on the Lake is a stunning little town with lots of shops, great wineries, first class restaurants, and outstanding events such as the Shaw Festival and War of 1812 reenactments. It’s just over the Canadian border near the mouth of the Niagara River. It’s 40 miles from JH Bertrand.
Buffalo’s Famous Buffalo Wings Can be Found Here
- Curtiss Hotel (Pictured) – 210 Franklin St, Buffalo, NY 14202 – (Known for it’s rooftop bar and Western New York’s only revolving bar.)
- Hotel Henry – Rockwell Rd & Richardson Rd, Buffalo, NY 14222 – (Previously Buffalo State Asylum for the Insane.)
- Hotel Lafayette – 391 Washington St, Buffalo, NY 14203
- Arlington Park – Redesigned by Frederick Law Olmsted; home to Frank Lloyd Wright while he worked in Buffalo – 9 Arlington Pl, Buffalo, NY 14201
- Butler Mansion – Currently UB’s Jacobs Executive Development Center – 672 Delaware Ave, Buffalo, NY 14209
- Kleinhans Music Hall – Home to the Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra – 3 Symphony Circle, Buffalo, NY 14201
- Wilcox Mansion – Theodore Roosevelt Inaugural Site – 641 Delaware Ave, Buffalo, NY 14202